|NOTICE & DISCLAIMER FOR E-VAULT|
Welcome to the new and improved Register of Deeds remote access site known as "e-Vault."
This site contains unofficial records provided as a public service.
The official records are kept in the Office of the Register of Deeds located at the
Rockingham County Courthouse in Wentworth, North Carolina. For filings recorded from 1-1-1996 and after
the electronic database in the Office of the Register of Deeds is the primary or "official" source of index
information. For filings recorded from 1787 through 1995, the resident paper index physically located in the
Office of the Register of Deeds is the primary or "official" source of index information. Scanned images of
the indexes for this period are provided under the "Old Index Books" tab as a convenience and may not be as
accurate or complete as the resident paper index. A reasonably diligent, complete search may involve use of
both the paper and electronic indexes for the relevant search period.
The user is advised to search on all possible spelling variations in order to locate the desired name(s). Rather than entering the full name into the system, fewer characters will maximize search results.
Unverified "Temporary Index" entries are shown in red in the computer system. Recording staff enters limited unverified indexing information into the temporary index. Documents are scanned as part of the recording process and made available for public viewing so you may wish to search by record date to see the documents recorded for that date range. More index data is made available within 24 hours of registration and placed into the unverified temporary index. An instrument may remain on the temporary index for a maximum of 30 days, but by the end of 30 days from the filing date, it must be indexed and cross-indexed on the permanent index. After the document has been indexed according to the Minimum Standards for Indexing Real Property Instruments and verified, the document will be released to the permanent index and entries in the permanent index will be reflected in blue.
Refer to the "What’s available" link on the search site to find a list of the books and time periods available.
The Register of Deeds does not certify the authenticity or completeness of any record or information contained herein and makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the authenticity, accuracy, reliability, or completeness of any record or information contained on this site, or at other sites to which we link. Rockingham County, the Register of Deeds, and Courthouse Computer Systems shall in no way be held responsible for errors or omissions in these records nor for any actions resulting from their use.
If you choose not to accept the terms and conditions stated above, please exit this site.
Click here to acknowledge this disclaimer and enter the site.
System Requirements for using the Online Search Application
In order to use the Rockingham County Online Search functionality there are several requirements that your remote computer must meet. These requirements are listed below:
- Your computer must support a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- The site is optimized for Internet Explorer
- Your Internet browser must enable our site to set a cookie upon your connection to the search application.
- Any second party security software or spyware software that you are running on your computer must not be set to block the cookie.
- Your computer must allow pop-ups from the Rockingham County Register of Deeds site, since the application opens in a new window.
- Most users believe that images are best displayed as TIFF files. To view images as TIFF files you are required to install the Alternatiff image viewer. The instructions for installing Alternatiff are found here.
- If you do not install Alternatiff you may choose to view images as PDF files instead of TIFF files by checking the "Convert to PDF" box on either the "Real Property Index" or the "View Images" tab of the search site. This option requires the installation of a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader.